Applicants should be prepared to meet the following requirements when applying for a job vacancy
at The Barry Robinson Center.
When called in for an interview, a current DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) Driving History Transcript of less than 30 days old MUST be obtained and submitted AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW. If you recently surrendered or still possess an out-of-state drivers license, please obtain the out-of-state driving record from the applicable state authority. In addition, all other documentation such as educational verification (official transcript or diploma AND unofficial transcript) and any original license/ certification required for a position must be presented at the time of interview.
- Complete the Center's Application for Employment form. Attach a recent resume with cover letter if available.
- Complete a Child Protective Services (CPS) Request for Search of the Central Registry and Release of Information form.
- Review the job description for the position for which you are applying.
- Review and sign the Job Description Review Acknowledgement form.
All applicants for the following classifications ~ new employee, volunteer, contractual provider, and intern must submit to an extensive criminal background investigation upon interview. Newly hired employees will be expected to share in the cost of background investigation processing fees. The amount of $37.00 will be payroll deducted from the employees first paycheck.
Background checks include:
- Child Protective Services investigation
- Department of Motor Vehicles (at/or points better than -3 acceptable)
- Criminal history investigation which includes fingerprint checks through: State Police, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
Be prepared to complete criminal background investigation documents and be fingerprinted following completion of your interview or return the next day.
If offered a job, new employees must submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States as required by the US Department of Justice INS. ID's required on 1st day of employment.
The Barry Robinson Center processes payroll using the banking method of direct-deposit. New employees should be prepared on first day of orientation with bank account number, cancelled check or deposit slip.