Applications are accepted for posted positions only.
When applying, please specify the position title and the department under which the position is listed with a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying and shift if applicable, and preferred status (full-time; part time; and /or sub/flex).
You may email your resume to email@example.com, fax to 757-965-9546 or apply in person. All new hires will be required to submit to a thorough background investigation which includes fingerprinting. (EOE/Drug Free Workplace)
As an employee of The Barry Robinson Center you may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package depending on your position and employment status. The following benefits may be available to you: Health Insurance options through Optimal, Dental Insurance through Delta Dental, Paid Annual Leave (PAL), 403(b) retirement plan with a generous company match, Sick leave, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Long term disability/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Holiday incentive pay and Entertainment discounts.DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PDF
Posting Date: July 26. 2016
Responsibilities include providing education services, assessing student progress, managing student behavior, participating in multidisciplinary team, and providing required documentation. Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required. Two (2) or more years of teaching experience preferred. Experience working with older students and special education students preferred. Must hold a VA license in the area of Special Education or in one or more academic area. (Full-time)
Foster Care Case Worker
» Foster Care Case Worker
Case worker will provide case management for children and families. Responsibilities include monitoring and supervising foster care placements, treatment planning, response to crisis on-call, linking clients to community resources/services to ensure continued stability in the community and home. Completion of home study re-evaluations is also required. Master’s degree in social work or related field preferred, Bachelor’s degree with experience considered. Must have foster care experience and be able to maintain a flexible schedule.
- A doctor’s or master’s degree in social work from a college or university accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a field related to social work such as sociology, psychology, special education or counseling, with a student placement in providing casework services to children and families. One year of experience in providing casework services to children and families may be substituted for a student placement; or
- A baccalaureate degree in social work or a field related to social work including, but not limited to sociology, psychology, special education or counseling and one year of experience in providing casework services to children and families; or
- A baccalaureate degree in any field plus two years of experience in providing casework services to children and families.
Registered Nurse (Charge Nurse)
» Registered Nurse
Registered nurse as Charge Nurse needed for the 12 bed residential dorms for children and adolescents. Candidate will provide selected nursing care for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents within the framework of the nursing process and TJC guidelines, the Human Rights Plan and established policies and procedures of the Center per assigned shift. Duties may include admissions, discharges, triage, MD rounds, staffings, medication administration, assessment, de-escalation, therapeutic communication, intervention specific to presenting problem e.g. anxiety, anger, etc. Psychiatric nursing experience preferred. Minimum qualifications include: a graduate of accredited school of nursing; and current status as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia required. Day, evening and night shift, includes every other weekend and every other holiday. (Full-time)(Part-time)
Applicants should be prepared to meet the following requirements when applying for a job vacancy
at The Barry Robinson Center.
When called in for an interview, a current DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) Driving History Transcript of less than 30 days old MUST be obtained and submitted AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW. If you recently surrendered or still possess an out-of-state drivers license, please obtain the out-of-state driving record from the applicable state authority. In addition, all other documentation such as educational verification (copy of transcripts and Diploma) and any original license/ certification required for a position must be presented at the time of interview.
When you arrive for an interview:
- Complete the Center’s Application for Employment form. Attach a recent resume with cover letter if available.
- Complete a Child Protective Services (CPS) Request for Search of the Central Registry and Release of Information form.
- Review the job description for the position for which you are applying.
- Review and sign the Job Description Review Acknowledgement form.
All applicants for the following classifications ~ new employee, volunteer, contractual provider, and intern must submit to an extensive criminal background investigation upon interview.
Background checks include:
- Child Protective Services investigation
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Criminal history investigation which includes fingerprint checks through: State Police, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
Be prepared to complete criminal background investigation documents and be fingerprinted following completion of your interview or return the next day.
If offered a job, new employees must submit proof of eligibility to work in the United States as required by the US Department of Justice INS. ID’s required on 1st day of employment.
The Barry Robinson Center processes payroll using the banking method of direct-deposit. New employees should be prepared on first day of orientation with bank account number, cancelled check or deposit slip.