Intensive In-Home Services are ideal for children and adolescents, ages 5-17, who are experiencing serious behavioral and emotional difficulties that affect their ability to function safely at home and in the community.
Our specialists provide intensive therapeutic interventions, crisis management, case management, specific skills training, and family counseling in the home to prevent the child from becoming at risk for removal. Our specialists can also help children and adolescents transition home after an out-of-home placement, such as acute hospitalization or a residential treatment program.
We design an individual program to stabilize the child, improve family dynamics and provide modeling for healthier behavior and provide clinically necessary interventions to increase functional and therapeutic relations among family members in the home.
- Comprehensive assessment of individual and family functioning
- Individual and family counseling sessions up to 12 hours a week
- Crisis management intervention
- Intensive case management
- Support in securing medication evaluations, educational resources and community referrals
- Skills training to improve: parenting techniques, communication, anger management and problem-solving, and expanding the awareness and use of community resources
- Access to community-based groups that include: Substance Abuse, Anger Management and Art Therapy
- Discharge Planning
We accept referrals from parents, legal guardians, teachers, guidance counselors, probation officers, social workers, therapists and doctors.
Our licensed mental health professionals determine eligibility for services, based on the youth’s behaviors, safety issues, clinical needs and treatment history. These eligibility criteria may be supported by a referring professional’s recommendation.
For more information, call 757-455-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org