Thursday, October 4, 2018 - Saturday, October 6, 2018
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Come celebrate 30 years of serving communities and family with ATTACh! You’ll be inspired with the lineup of featured speakers and presenters joining us in Virginia Beach for more than three dozen info-packed sessions. This is our time to learn from each other and to share new research and meaningful strategies to heal children, families and clients facing attachment, trauma and trust issues.
Keynote speakers include:
- Bessel A. van der Kolk, MD, clinician, researcher and teacher in the area of post-traumatic stress, presenting “Secure Attachment is the Key: The Impact of Developmental Trauma on Self and Brain.”
- Robert S. Marvin, PhD, University of Virginia School of Medicine, basic and clinical attachment research, presenting “Healing Traumatized Attachments: Lessons from the Circle of Security Intervention.”
- Michael Trout, MA, The Infant-Parent Institute, research, clinical practice and clinical training related to problems of attachment, presenting “Mindfulness: Key to Working with Living With Children of Loss and Trauma.”
Conference activities also include:
- 30th Annual Celebration at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, October 4
- Parent Night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, October 5
- Professional Networking Social from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, October 5
- Open Yoga Classes from 7-8 a.m. Friday, October 5, and Saturday, October 6
Whether you’re a professional clinician, educator or advocate, or a parent or caregiver of children challenged with healing trauma every day, ATTACh is here to promote healthy attachment and heal trauma.
Register at attach.org.