Thursday, April 4, 2019
7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Due to high demand, registration for the Charlie Mike “Continue Mission” Seminar is now closed. The event is at full capacity. Please sign up for our Connections newsletter below to be notified of future events.
This training seminar is designed to enhance clinical knowledge of mental health professionals, social workers, case managers, school staff and other providers that work with military families.
The title Charlie Mike was inspired by Special Operations Forces who often use the term as code for Continue Mission. Whether you are experiencing a mission that requires a little extra courage or an active mission that gets interrupted, Charlie Mike is all about making the mission happen. It’s about never giving up until the mission is complete.
Keynote speakers are General Mark Graham (Ret.) and his wife Carol, who are tireless champions of military and civilian efforts to promote mental health and suicide prevention awareness and to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health care.
Other presenters include:
- Joanne Steen, MS, NCC – Author, Instructor, and Speaker on Military Loss and Grief – “What You Need to Know About Military Loss and Grief”
- Stephanie Osler, LCSW – Director, CHKD Mental Health Service Line, and Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, EVMS Division of Community Pediatrics –“What Traumas (big T, little t) Do Military Connected Children Experience?”
- Sidra Montgomery, Ph.D. – Researcher at Insight Policy Research – “The Military Lifestyle: Exploring the Unique Social and Cultural Context of the U.S. Military”
- R. Jason Gerber, M.D., Lt. Col., USAF, MC – Developmental Pediatrician, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth – “Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Potpourri”
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
The Charlie Mike Training Seminar has been approved for CE credits.
Continuing education credit hours: 7.25
- Participants must have signed in at the seminar, attended the entire seminar, completed an evaluation, and signed out to receive a certificate.
- Failure to sign in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course.
- No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available.
- CEs must be purchased directly through R. Cassidy Seminars.
For additional CE information, please contact R. Cassidy Seminars directly at 866-992-9399.